- 2019-03-25 to 2019-03-26 On 25-26 March, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a circuit session of the Governmental Commission on EU Affairs (VESK) in Brussels
- 2019-03-26 On 26 March at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Juozas Vitkus Engineering battalion in Kaunas
- 2019-03-26 On 26 March at 2:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a meeting at the Seimas
- 2019-03-26 to 2019-03-28 On 26-28 March, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius participates in political consultations in Helsinki, Finland
- 2019-03-26 to 2019-03-27 On 26-27 March, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė participates in political consultations in Madrid
Foreign Ministry's communication regarding truck accident in Italy
Today morning near Turin, Italy, a truck owned by a Lithuanian company was hit by a passenger train on a level crossing. During the accident, three wagons became derailed. According to the police, the driver of the truck is a Lithuanian citizen. He was able to jump out of the truck and was not injured.
The Embassy of Lithuania in Italy has contacted and kept in contact with the local police. According to their available data, there are no Lithuanian citizens among the injured and killed during the accident.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania expresses condolences to the families and friends of the victims, and wishes a speedy recovery to the injured.