- 2019-01-17 On 17 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening ceremony of an exhibition of photos of the Jewish Cemetery at the Vilnius Saulėtekis School
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the 5th Annual Nordic Conference
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 11:15 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Ambassador of Turkmenistan
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with foreign ambassadors accredited to Lithuania
L. Linkevičius and the European Commissioner Věra Jourová discuss preparations for the European elections
On 22 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the European Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality Věra Jourová. They discussed preparations for the European Parliament elections, other relevant issues related to the policies of the European Union on justice and equal opportunities.
"In the run-up to the European Parliament elections, we must ensure their transparency and protect the electoral process from foreign interference. Thus, various initiatives to counter fake news are especially welcome," said Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister.
The Commissioner was acquainted with the successful national initiative in Lithuania – the online platform Demaskuok.lt – that brought together representatives from the general public, the media and the state, who aimed at countering fake news.
The Commissioner stressed that the European Union should increase its democratic resilience and reduce threats to the upcoming European Parliament elections, such as an opaque industry of political advertising and the misuse of personal data.
To this end, the Commission has proposed measures for securing free and fair European elections. According to the Commissioner V. Jourová, we must join efforts to ensure that Europeans can decide on their own free will during the European Parliament elections and that democratic processes are protected from manipulation by third countries or private interests.
On 23 November, the Minister L. Linkevičius and the Commissioner V. Jourová will participate in a discussion on the European Union, justice in Lithuania, consumer rights, equal opportunities policy, etc. The event was organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania in cooperation with the European Commission Representation in Lithuania, and the Faculty of Law of Vilnius University. The event is part of the “My Europe” initiative, which was launched by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.