- 2019-01-17 On 17 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening ceremony of an exhibition of photos of the Jewish Cemetery at the Vilnius Saulėtekis School
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the 5th Annual Nordic Conference
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 11:15 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Ambassador of Turkmenistan
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with foreign ambassadors accredited to Lithuania
L. Linkevičius meets with OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media H. Désir, discusses safety of journalists
On 6 December, on the margins of the 25th Ministerial Council of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media Harlem Désir.
During the meeting, Lithuania‘s support for activities of the Representative was voiced. The interlocutors discussed the problem of disinformation and possible ways to address it, especially through public engagement. H. Désir thanked Lithuania for defending media freedom, especially for launching an informal Group of Friends on Safety of Journalists within the OSCE.
Lithuania's Foreign Minister and the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media discussed international standards for public broadcasting service and the criteria of independence for the supervisory authority. The OSCE Representative promised to share international best practices. The OSCE is well aware of the situation in Lithuania in regard to the public broadcaster; the independence of the media and its protection from political influence are monitored closely.
H. Désir also mentioned that the Office of the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media would present the 3rd edition of the OSCE Safety of Journalists Guidebook in 2019. The Guidebook was first prepared during Lithuania‘s OSCE Chairmanship in 2011.