- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in bilateral political consultations between Lithuania and Cuba
- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a ministerial meeting
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers' meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius holds a press conference on the margins of the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers‘ meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 1.30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Ambassador of France Claire Lignières-Counathe
L. Linkevičius: We have to create the future of Europe together with our Eastern partners
On 8 April, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius participated in the Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg. The Council exchanged views on the Eastern Partnership. Ministers also discussed the future of the Eastern Partnership and reviewed the implementation of the Eastern Partnership's 20 deliverables for 2020.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister stressed the need for a long-term vision for the Eastern Partnership: “Each partner country must be provided a perspective in line with its ambitions. Thus, the Eastern Partnership can under no circumstances be based on the lowest common denominator. It must be the real motivation behind reforms and allow the potential of countries seeking closer relationship with the EU to blossom”.
The Foreign Minister believes that the EU’s dialogue with its associated partners - Ukraine, Georgia, and Moldova – has to be strengthened, because the successful promotion of democratic processes in partner countries is based not merely on conditions, but also on incentives.
“Ukraine, Georgia, and Moldova aim to deepen their integration with the EU, and have made very concrete proposals in the fields of energy, digital markets, transport, and other areas. We should give them this opportunity,” said the Minister L. Linkevičius.
The third Eastern Partnership summit was held in Vilnius, Lithuania, on 28-29 November 2013, during the country’s Presidency of the Council of the European Union.