- 2019-08-19 On 19 August at 12.20 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with the Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu
- 2019-08-19 On 19 August at 2:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius sees the Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu off at the airport
- 2019-08-20 On 20 August at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in a session of the Seimas
- 2019-08-21 On 21 August at 11:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-08-21 On 21 August at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
Linas Linkevičius congratulated the new UK Foreign Secretary
On 25 July, Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs Linas Linkevičius congratulated the newly appointed Foreign Secretary of the United Kingdom Dominic Raab and sent him best wishes for success in this challenging and important position.
“Lithuania has been and will remain a friend and an ally of the United Kingdom in good times and during difficult ones. I truly hope that we will continue coordinating through effective bilateral dialogue as well as various regional formats,” Mr Linkevičius underlined.
In his letter, Mr Minister emphasized that Lithuania and the United Kingdom share a perspective towards many political and security issues. He expressed his gratitude for British deployment in the NATO’s Enhanced Forward Presence and the Baltic Air Policing mission. Mr Minister also mentioned the Lithuanian community in the United Kingdom that constitutes a strong bond connecting the two countries.
Dominic Raab, United Kingdom Foreign Secretary, was appointed by new UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson. Previously Dominic Raab was Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union.