- 2018-11-12 to 2018-11-14 On 12-14 November, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in trilateral political consultations of Lithuania, Ireland and Ukraine and is holding bilateral meetings in Kyiv
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the conference “Innovative Energy Solutions for Military Applications” (IESMA 2018)
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 8:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with Henrik Mygal Nordentoft, Regional Representative of the UNHCR Regional Representation for Northern Europe
Linas Linkevičius, “The values more important than life are not forgotten”
On 21 September, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Linas Linkevičius, took part in a ceremony of unveiling a memorial stone to the Righteous among the Nations, rescuers of Jews during the Nazi occupation in Lithuania.
“When tragic events and trials befall, there are people who cannot put up with it, who believe that truth and justice are more important that their own lives. It’s like a promise to make certain that the values more important than life are not forgotten,” Minister Linkevičius said.
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Linas Linkevičius, notes that Pope Francis who is to visit Vilnius this weekend will pray at the wall of the former Ghetto for almost six million Jews killed in Europe.
A black memorial stone bearing the Star of David and the Pillars of Gediminas that has been set up close to Czesław Miłosz stairs, in Tymo Quarter, in Vilnius should be replaced after several years by a memorial to the rescuers of Jews.
The Yad Vashem Institute in Jerusalem has recognised over 900 Lithuanian people as the Righteous among the Nations.