- 2019-06-19 On 19 June at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-06-19 On 19 June at 9.30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius delivers a welcome speech at the 4th Eastern Partnership Youth Forum in Vilnius
- 2019-06-19 On 19 June at 4:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the 4th Eastern Partnership Youth Forum in Vilnius
- 2019-06-20 On 20 June at 8.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the YIVO delegation
- 2019-06-20 On 20 June at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting at the Seimas
Linkevičius and Turkish Foreign Minister discuss preparations for NATO summit, important foreign and security policy issues
On 9 May, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius paid a working visit to Turkey and met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkey Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu.
The Foreign Ministers of Lithuania and Turkey discussed preparations for the next NATO summit. It will be held in July Belgium. "Both countries are members of the Alliance, which aim at strengthening NATO‘s cooperation and addressing the most pressing challenges of defence and security, including the fight against terrorism and air defence of the Baltic region," the Minister Linkevičius said.
At the meeting, the interlocutors welcomed friendly bilateral relations between Lithuania and Turkey, as well as a rapid growth of economic cooperation. Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister expressed support for the rapprochement between Turkey and the EU, and highlighted the possibility to share the experience and knowledge of the Lithuanian institutions with the Turkish authorities to help the country implement important reforms.
The meeting also discussed the situation in Syria, Iran and other security issues. Linkevičius emphasized Turkey‘s important role in migration case, especially when addressing the issue of Syrian asylum-seekers in the country and Turkey's contribution to the coalition to fight ISIL.
The day of the Lithuanian Foreign Minister‘s visit symbolically coincided with the commemoration of the Europe Day. The head of Lithuania's diplomacy Linkevičius also participated in a discussion at the Embassy of Lithuania in Turkey, which focused on the European Union's future, and global and European security with particular emphasis on challenges facing the Baltic Sea region.