- 2019-06-19 On 19 June at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-06-19 On 19 June at 9.30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius delivers a welcome speech at the 4th Eastern Partnership Youth Forum in Vilnius
- 2019-06-19 On 19 June at 4:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the 4th Eastern Partnership Youth Forum in Vilnius
- 2019-06-20 On 20 June at 8.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the YIVO delegation
- 2019-06-20 On 20 June at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting at the Seimas
Lithuania opens its 4th Honorary Consulate in Japan
On 14 May, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius officially opened Lithuania‘s Honorary Consulate in Gifu, Japan.
The Chairman of the Gifu Chamber of Commerce and Industry, President of the regional Juroku Bank Yukio Murase heads the Honorary Consulate. The event was attended by the Governor of Gifu Prefecture Hajime Furuta.
"The appointment of a businessman with an excellent reputation, who is also an active member of Gifu community, as Lithuania's Honorary Consul in Gifu will undoubtedly contribute to strengthening bilateral relations between Lithuania and Japan, and will bring mutual benefits to our people," said D. Skusevičius during the opening of the consulate.
The Foreign Vice-Minister welcomed the excellent bilateral relations between Lithuania and Japan - joint projects in the fields of life sciences and lasers, growing bilateral trade, intensifying people-to-people contacts, and tourism.
Japan's Consul Chiune Sugihara, who is a distinguished diplomat, was also remembered during the event. The events of Sugihara Week take place in his honour in Sugihara‘s native Gifu Prefecture every year on the occasion of the death anniversary on 31 July. Gifu Prefecture has established ties with the Kaunas City Municipality and contributes to the preservation of the Sugihara House in Kaunas, which once housed the Consulate of Japan.
Lithuania‘s Honorary Consulates also operate in Fukuyama, Sapporo and Osaka.