- 2019-03-25 to 2019-03-26 On 25-26 March, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a circuit session of the Governmental Commission on EU Affairs (VESK) in Brussels
- 2019-03-26 On 26 March at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Juozas Vitkus Engineering battalion in Kaunas
- 2019-03-26 On 26 March at 2:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a meeting at the Seimas
- 2019-03-26 to 2019-03-28 On 26-28 March, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius participates in political consultations in Helsinki, Finland
- 2019-03-26 to 2019-03-27 On 26-27 March, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė participates in political consultations in Madrid
Lithuania to further actively support Ukraine’s reforms of European integration
On 20 April, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius and the Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration Ivanna Klympush-Tsintsadze co-chaired the 13th meeting of the Lithuania-Ukraine Commission for European Integration in Vilnius.
Linkevičius emphasized that the bilateral Commission was an effective tool to transfer the experience of European integration to Ukraine, which provided an opportunity to assess the implementation of Ukraine’s European agenda in various fields.
“With Lithuanian and Ukrainian experts, we discussed energy security, our digital agenda, the Lithuania-Ukraine customs cooperation, and the fight against corruption. The EU-Ukraine Association Agreement is already delivering real results - last year the EU imports from Ukraine increased by 27%, while exports to Ukraine grew by 22%. It is important for the people of Ukraine to become better informed about these positive trends in cooperation with the EU,” Linkevičius said.
The Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine Klympush-Tsintsadze thanked for Lithuania’s support through development cooperation projects, as well as for its support in the military field. She also emphasized the importance of the transfer of Lithuania’s European integration experience to Ukraine during bilateral meetings and of the contribution by Lithuanian experts working in Ukraine.
The delegation headed by the Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine also met with the Speaker of the Seimas Viktoras Pranckietis, the Chair of the Seimas Committee on European Affairs Gediminas Kirkilas, the Chair of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs Juozas Bernatonis, the Minister of National Defence Raimundas Karoblis, the Chief Adviser to the President Nerijus Aleksiejūnas, and the Equal Opportunities Ombudsperson Agneta Skardžiuvienė, and visited the NATO Energy Security Centre of Excellence.