- 2018-08-22 On 22 August at 9.05 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is giving a welcome speech at the President Valdas Adamkus Conference 2018 "Restoring European and Transatlantic Resilience".
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August at 10.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the participants of the project "Students - to the Government".
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a government meeting and sitting.
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the President Valdas Adamkus Conference 2018 "Restoring European and Transatlantic Resilience".
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the round table discussion "Transatlantic Response to Russia’s Hybrid Actions".
Lithuania's Foreign Minister meets with Vice President and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Panama
On 7 June, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Vice President and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Panama Isabel de Saint Malo de Alvarado.
The Panamanian Vice President arrived in Lithuania to attend the annual Summit of Women Political Leaders. This is the first visit of a high-ranking Panamanian official to Lithuania.
During the meeting, a memorandum of understanding on political consultations was signed. Both parties agreed to hold the initial political consultations and identify potential areas for cooperation.
“The rapidly growing bilateral trade shows that our relations have substantial untapped potential,” said Minister L. Linkevičius.
Compared to 2016, in 2017 the bilateral trade with Panama almost tripled and amounted to 10.6 million euros.
The topics of cultural and human relations were also discussed. The Minister invited Panama to attend the annual Latin American Culture Festival “InLatino”. The parties agreed that the promotion of tourism and the dissemination of information, as well as the relations between universities, are essential for the strengthening of human relations.
The Ministers of Lithuania and Panama also discussed the issues of international cooperation, the crisis in Venezuela, and the elections in Colombia.
Diplomatic relations with Panama were established on 19 November 1992. Panama has accredited its Embassy in Warsaw for Lithuania.