- 2019-03-25 to 2019-03-26 On 25-26 March, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a circuit session of the Governmental Commission on EU Affairs (VESK) in Brussels
- 2019-03-26 On 26 March at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Juozas Vitkus Engineering battalion in Kaunas
- 2019-03-26 On 26 March at 2:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a meeting at the Seimas
- 2019-03-26 to 2019-03-28 On 26-28 March, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius participates in political consultations in Helsinki, Finland
- 2019-03-26 to 2019-03-27 On 26-27 March, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė participates in political consultations in Madrid
Lithuania's Foreign Minister participates in the March of the Living
On 23 May, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius together with hundreds of citizens, who wish to preserve the memory of the Holocaust, participated in the March of the Living for the eleventh time in Vilnius.
To pay tribute to Jews and other victims, who had been shot in Paneriai, Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister walked from the Paneriai railway station to the Paneriai Memorial Museum together with members of the Lithuanian Jewish (Litvak) Community, the Association of Lithuanian Jews in Israel, Lithuanian and Israeli Holocaust survivors.
The First Deputy Chancellor of the Government Deividas Matulionis, the Ambassador of Israel to Lithuania Amir Maimon, the Ambassador of Lithuania to Israel Edminas Bagdonas, the Israeli Honorary Consul Vladas Bumelis, Ambassadors and diplomats of other countries, Lithuanian representatives and officials from the city authorities, students from the ORT Vilnius Sholom Aleichem Jewish Gymnasium and Vilnius "Saulėtekis" School – Multifunction Centre took part in the event.
"Paneriai is one of the most painful themes in our homeland. We cannot atone the guilt and pain with the most beautiful words and the most meaningful phrases alone. The Holocaust has left an indelible stain on Lithuania‘s history. Most members of the Lithuanian Jewish Community, who were also Lithuanian citizens, were killed in the era of the Holocaust," said the Minister Linas Linkevičius. He stressed that the duty of every diplomat was to help people, represent Humanism, and protect human values. "Therefore, we gather here every year to tell ourselves and the whole world that this place is of importance for us."
The March of the Living was co-organized by the Lithuanian Jewish (Litvak) Community, the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.