- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is delivering a speech at the Warsaw Security Forum
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 9.05 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the new Slovenian Ambassador Božena Forštnarič Boroje
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-25 On 25 October at 4.30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the new Slovenian Ambassador Božena Forštnarič Boroje
- 2018-10-25 On 25 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a Government meeting at the Seimas
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister receives the new Ambassador of Afghanistan
On 19 April, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the new Ambassador of Afghanistan to Lithuania Gul Hussain Ahmadi.
The meeting focused on security situation in Afghanistan. The interlocutors exchanged views on issues of political, economic, academic, and cultural cooperation. Further possibilities for economic cooperation between Lithuania and Afghanistan were also discussed. In addition, Lithuania is ready to share its experience and knowledge in the field of information technology.
The Ambassador of Afghanistan thanked Linkevičius for Lithuania’s consistent and comprehensive support to Afghanistan, as well as for sending troops and providing financial support to the Afghan National Army. The Ambassador also highlighted the activities of the Lithuanian-led Reconstruction Team (PRT) in the Province of Ghor, Afghanistan. Linkevičius emphasized that Lithuania would increase its support to Afghanistan and deploy special operations forces in support of NATO’s Resolute Support Mission.
The Ambassador of Afghanistan Gul Hussain Ahmadi resides in Warsaw. Lithuania and Afghanistan established their diplomatic relations on 9 December 1930. Afghanistan recognized Lithuanian independence on 7 September 1991. Diplomatic relations were re-established on 31 March 2005.