- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is taking part in the General Affairs Council and the General Affairs (Art.50) Council in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Eastern Partnership Ministerial Meeting in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in political consultations and bilateral meetings in Astana and Karaganda, Kazakhstan
- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister urges fight against anti-Semitism
On 26 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius, who is participating in the United Nations General Assembly, joined the Global Campaign to Stop Antisemitism.
"Despite the culture of Lithuania, sincerity and heritage of the people, almost all Lithuanian Jews have experienced the atrocities of the Holocaust. This should never happen again," said L. Linkevičius. He called on all states to join the fight against anti-Semitism, so that the horrors of the Holocaust would never be repeated.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister reiterated this message at the traditional annual meeting with representatives of the most important Jewish organizations and institutions in the U.S.A. at the Consulate General of Lithuania in New York. Minister L. Linkevičius also shared his impressions of the recent visits of the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Pope Francis to Lithuania, discussed the dynamics of the bilateral relationship between Lithuania and Israel, and preservation of Lithuania‘s Jewish heritage.