- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
Lithuania’s Foreign Ministry condemns Kabul terror attack
On January 27 in Afghanistan, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania strongly condemns the brutal act of terrorism against innocent people in central Kabul. A suicide bomber using an ambulance has killed at least 95 people and wounded at least 158 people.
During these difficult times, Lithuania stands in solidarity with the state of Afghanistan and its people. This barbaric attack against civilians is a cynical attack on human values. Terrorism in all its forms and manifestations is a common enemy of the entire international community, so we must continue to make concerted efforts to fight it.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius condemned the terrorist attack on Twitter. “I am horrified at the barbaric terrorist attack in Kabul today. I would like to offer my deepest condolences to the families of the victims” wrote the Lithuania’s Foreign Minister.