- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is delivering a speech at the Warsaw Security Forum
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 9.05 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the new Slovenian Ambassador Božena Forštnarič Boroje
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-25 On 25 October at 4.30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the new Slovenian Ambassador Božena Forštnarič Boroje
- 2018-10-25 On 25 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a Government meeting at the Seimas
Minister Linkevičius congratulates the new U.S. Secretary of State
On 27 April, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius congratulated Mike Pompeo on his appointment as the new United States Secretary of State.
In the letter of congratulations, Linkevičius noted that the U.S.A. remained the key strategic ally of Lithuania in ensuring the country’s national security, developing political and economic relations, and cooperation in the field of energy security.
“The Declaration to Celebrate 100 Years of Independence of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, and the Renewed Partnership, signed by the leaders of the Baltic nations and the United States on April 3, 2018, underscores that the partnership between the Baltic nations and the United States is based on our joint dedication to the principles of democracy, individual liberty, and the rule of law. We cherish the enduring partnership between our countries, assuring national security, deepening political and economic ties as well as cooperation on energy security,” Lithuania’s Foreign Minister wrote in the letter.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister expressed his gratitude for the U.S. commitment to the collective defence. Linkevičius believes that in order to overcome the many challenges our region and the world face, the trans-Atlantic link remains of critical importance. Thus, Lithuania will continue to work closely with the United States in tackling the threat of terrorism and other asymmetrical threats, as well as cooperating on energy security.
“I would like to express my sincere gratitude for the solid and steadfast commitment of the United States to the collective defence as one of the cornerstones of security for our nations and the Atlantic community as a whole,” wrote Linkevičius.
Linkevičius also invited Pompeo to pay a visit to Lithuania in the nearest future.
On 26 April 2018, the United States Senate confirmed M.Pompeo as the United States’ 70th Secretary of State.