- 2018-12-12 to 2018-12-16 On 12-16 December, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in meetings of the initiative of the Enhanced Partnership in Northern Europe (e-PINE) in Washington, D.C.
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting at the Seimas.
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December at 3.15 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the annual conference of the Eastern Europe Studies Centre
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in political consultations and bilateral meetings in Uzbekistan
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius, as part of a delegation led by the President of Lithuania, is attending the meeting of the European Council
The 85th anniversary of the flight by S. Darius and S. Girėnas solemnly celebrated in Northwest Poland
On 15 July, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius attended events dedicated to the 85th anniversary of the legendary flight performed by S. Darius and S. Girėnas across the Atlantic Ocean in Northwest Poland.
The event in the forest of Pscelnik near Myślibórz were also attended by the Minister of National Defence Raimundas Karoblis, delegations from Lithuania and Poland, and representatives of local Lithuanian community, as well as towns in Šilalė District. In his speech, Minister Linkevičius emphasized that the pilots S. Darius and S. Girėnas, who had taken off from the Floyd Bennett Field in New York to bring hope and a message to Lithuania, had become an integral part of the Lithuanian identity. Their deed has also become a symbol of courage, patriotism, and love for their Homeland.
During the event, soldiers of the Honour Guard Company of the Lithuanian Armed Forces performed a ceremonial act by firing three volleys salutes. Pupils from Punsk and Myślibórz performed artistic performances and the Lithuanian Air Force Orchestra played music.
On 15 July, the Metropolitan Archbishop of Szczecin-Kamień Andrzej Dzięga celebrated Mass at the Cathedral Basilica of St James the Apostle in Szczecin. The Metropolitan Archbishop has been awarded the decoration of honour of Lithuania's Ministry of Foreign Affairs – the 'Lithuanian Diplomacy Star' – for merits to Lithuanian diplomacy, his contribution to the development of the relationship between Poland and Lithuania, and for honouring the memory of S. Darius and S. Girėnas.
The commemorative events were organized by the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania in Poland and the Honorary Consul in West Pomerania Wiesław Wierzchoś.