- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in bilateral political consultations between Lithuania and Cuba
- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a ministerial meeting
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers' meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius holds a press conference on the margins of the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers‘ meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 1.30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Ambassador of France Claire Lignières-Counathe
Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participated in political consultations in Slovenia
On 17 April political consultations between, Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas and State Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Slovenia Dobran Božič were held in Ljubljana.
A mutual wish to strengthen bilateral relations, promote economic relations in view of the interests of both parties, to share experiences in fintech, cyber security, hybrid threats, and use of artificial intelligence was expressed at the meeting.
Slovenia considers the Three Seas Initiative summit to be held in Ljubljana on 5–6 June an opportunity to enhance regional infrastructure and trade ties. Lithuania supports the development of transportation and logistics chains which will connect the Klaipėda Sea Port with the ports of the Adriatic Sea.
The parties exchanged opinions on the situation in the Western Balkans, on the European perspective for the Western Balkan countries, migration challenges, and third parties’ interests in the region.
Vice-Minister Neris Germanas thanked Slovenia for its support at the meeting of the Parties of the Espoo Convention concerning the non-compliance of the Astravyets Nuclear Power Plant with the safety requirements.
The Lithuanian party also invited the Slovenian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Miro Cerar, and State Secretary Dobran Božič to pay a visit to Lithuania.
Photos by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Slovenia
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania, Linas Linkevičius, congratulated Minister of Foreign Affairs of Slovenia, Karl Erjavec, and the people of Slovenia on the occasion of the Statehood Day on 25 June.