- 2018-08-22 On 22 August at 9.05 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is giving a welcome speech at the President Valdas Adamkus Conference 2018 "Restoring European and Transatlantic Resilience".
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August at 10.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the participants of the project "Students - to the Government".
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a government meeting and sitting.
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the President Valdas Adamkus Conference 2018 "Restoring European and Transatlantic Resilience".
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the round table discussion "Transatlantic Response to Russia’s Hybrid Actions".
Vilnius Russia Forum to be held on 24-25 May
The fifth Vilnius Russia Forum will be held on 24-25 May. The traditional event brings together more than 100 politicians, civil society representatives, human rights defenders, academicians, journalists from Russia, Lithuania, and other Western countries.
The annual forum discusses topical issues of Russian domestic and foreign policy, the human rights situation, Russia's relations with the West, as well as a perspective of this relationship. Discussions are held on development trends in Russia, its economic situation, the fight against Russian propaganda, and other relevant issues.
The main attention will be devoted to the situation in Russia in the aftermath of Russia's presidential election this year, modus operandi of civil society and the media in a tightly controlled environment, an intensifying Russian hostility towards the West, and attacks on liberal democratic values. The participants of the event include Mikhail Khodorkovsky, Garry Kasparov, Mikhail Kasyanov, Vladimir Kara-Murza, Vladimir Ashurkov, Dmitry Gudkov, and others are among the participants of the event.
This year, the Vilnius Russia Forum is co-organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania, Eastern Europe Study Centre, and the Andrei Sakharov Research Centre for Democratic Development at Vytautas Magnus University. The forum has been held since 2013.
Media Alert: You are welcome to participate in a press conference, which will be held after the Vilnius Russia Forum on 25 May, 1.00 p.m., at Esperanza Resort. Please, register on our website until 9 a.m., 24 May. You will be required to provide the journalists’ names and license plates (in the Comment field). Journalists who do not register before deadline will not be granted access to the event.
If you would like to interview the participants of the event, please contact [email protected] until 22 May, 5 p.m.
The Foreign Ministry cannot guarantee that guests of the event will wish to communicate with the media.